Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fowl Mouth Rooster

My rooster, Mr. Big, has a fowl mouth.

If I do not open the pop door early enough he will growl his displeasure.

If I spend too much time around his ladies he will crow at me. This touches off another round of rooster hazing.

If I bring them a treat that is not quite delicious enough or properly presented, he will grump and huff.

Last night I really crossed the line. I went into the yard to get a bucket to build a rat trap. Apparently, he saw me coming and ushered the flock into the coop.

When I did not show up to close the pop door, he stuck his head out and cussed me thoroughly. Chastened, I hustled over the the coop. He gave me the stink eye, turned his back, and stalked into the coop.

Unhappy with my service, he did not leave a tip.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a rooster but my chickens complain about my timing, the lack of treats (even if they just finished them), the wind, the snow, etc., etc. Funny girls!

    ReplyDelete