Not every egg is perfect. Filthy eggs and ground eggs go straight to the reject bin. We also got one enormous egg from Vo and a tiny "fart egg" from a Red. But until winter sun started cutting in to production, we had a backlog of 10 dozen eggs on the counter.
|Vo made the giant egg. A Red made the yolkless "fart egg".|
|Even after feasting, we have a big backlog of eggs.|
Seven Steps to Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- Clean the eggs to remove any dirt or nastiness that might give them a funky flavor.
- Fill a pan with room-temperature water. Doc uses a Wok.
- Add one or two dozen eggs to the water.
- Turn the stove top to high heat.
- Set the timer for 15 minutes to get 10-12 minutes of boil time.
- Place eggs in ice water using a slotted spoon.
- After 5 minutes, dry and refrigerate.
|Hot eggs melted all the ice.|
Now it is time to enjoy your hard boiled eggs. They are wonderful as a breakfast sandwich with mayo. They are a delight with marinara and linguine. They are a convenient nutritious snack at any time.
Oh the chickeny joy!