I am really mad at myself right now.
I have been working on my coop, making useful improvements. Until today, that is.
I changed the roost. CHICKEN DISASTER!
The chickens were OK until it was time to sleep. They could not see the old roost, no matter how hard they looked. Eventually they got on the new roost and I left them. When I checked on them a few minutes ago there were no chickens on the roost!
I could not see the chickens no matter how hard I looked. Then it dawned on me, the familiar old elevated nest box is about a half inch higher that the new alien horrible fattening immoral roosting planks.
Every single chicken was piled into the nest box. *sigh*
Update: They were all on the roost this morning once it warmed up. Gave them better weather protection today and tonight they are roosting in style.