Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Smartest Chicken

My flock is pretty clever when it comes to getting what they want.

They have figured out how to get out of the pen:

  • by flying up to the fence rail and hopping down the other side
  • by sneaking out the gate when it has a tiny gap
  • by wiggling under the run's chicken wire

They hit a new low for sneakiness today. The squash donut left over from the previous day had been moved into the raccoon trap. You know what comes next....

I saw the smartest of my hens, named IQ, who wanted a second helping walk right in to get it. Took her 10 minutes to place her foot on the trigger plate, but it was worth the wait.

I could not resist walking over there to gloat a little. The perplexed expression on her face was priceless.

OK, that was petty.
IQ, Super Genius

No comments:

Post a Comment