Saturday, January 1, 2011

Holiday Fireworks

Happy New Year. Where I live, every major public holiday or minor personal event is celebrated with alcohol and explosives. There is always somebody that springs for the expensive missiles that light up the sky and entertain drunks people all over the area.

Humans are amused, but what of the animals?

Horses? Freaked out for first five years, but calm as can be now.

Dogs? Freaked out for first holiday, but calm as can be now.

Chickens? How could such flighty fiends survive the night without having their heads explode from terror? Calm and relaxed. The little beggars were more upset that I came into the coop to look at them than they were about the racket.

Chickens. Will I ever understand them?

1 comment:

  1. It's so true. I go out to check in on the girls and they look at me with look of "WHAT DO YOU WANT?!? WE'RE TRYING TO SLEEP HERE!!!"

    I've stopped going out to check on them after dark.

    ReplyDelete